Friday, January 9, 2009

Somethings missing

So something is missing.. I feel so empty. I know that I will see my dad again and know that he is with Jesus, but dang I want him back. I would give anything to turn the clock back about 9 years. The last few years all though he has been there physically but not all the way mentally. He was still there. But now that everything is gone it has been difficult. I have seen many friends and family in the last two days and have enjoyed many visits. I have decided that there are a lot of good people out there. One of moms very best friends has been twice both days, called to check on her before she went to bed and when she first woke up. Just wanting to see if she needed anything and just so concerned. I am amazed at the love and out pouring. So Thank you. It has made the time a little easier, but I will be honest it is tough. I was informed today that I have reacted the way everyone expected. I just cry. SHOCKER. I have the bright red shiny nose and just sit and cry. One of my very best friends has taken on a huge project for our family with a smile on her face and said" What else can I do?" I don't know how to express my thanks to all of you.
But my heart is broken as well as full of love and appreciation for all of you..

3 comments:

Candi and kids said...

I don't know what to say to comfort you except to say that Hang in there. I remember driving down the road and seeing people laughing and I was thinking to myself how can you laugh at a time like this? When I feel so sad and devastated. But you have to go through these natural emotions in order for you to get to the next level where you can accept the passing of your Dad. He was the funniest man, I have missed him and his sense of humor at the tire shop and the ball park for the last 9 years, and tell your Mom thanks that I was comforted in knowing that John is still looking at my butt from HEAVEN!!

Unknown said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I know we are just blog friends but my heart bleeds for you. I wont try to pretend that I know exactly how you feel. But I hope that you know that your posts mean a lot to me, as well. Seems like our minds tell us that everything is o.k. or will be o.k. But I wish that my heart, & tear ducts would get the hint. I really pray and hope that you will feel the love of family & friends around you. (even bloggy friends) I say cry! Cry all you need & all you want. And hold your little one close. You will tell him all about your Dad. He will always have you to remind him how special your Dad is. He Lives.. (and do me a favor, remind me of this later...) My thoughts are with you. My dear Bloggy Friend...

Colette said...

Jod, I want you to know how much I love being a part of this family. I know how you feel. I still can't believe that John is gone. One thing is for sure....I can't wait to see him and Grandpa Dean again. It definately makes me not scared to die having them over there. You have been so good to help take care of everything. You've been so strong and you know that it's ok to break down and cry. You did an awesome job speaking at the funeral yesterday. I'm glad you shared the memories that you did and I hope we will all continue to talk about the memories that we have of John so the kids will get to know him. I know that Jarret will do his best to keep John alive as he teases and torments everyone. Thanks for all you do for your mom. You are wonderful and we love you!