Wednesday, January 21, 2009

In a Funk!!!


I went back to school yesterday and it was weird. I haven't been back in two weeks and I felt like I was in a new world. My friends asked how I was doing and my answer was "I am in a FUNK." My friend said what is a funk. I have no idea it is just a feeling of life is moving on and going but you are there but not really there. It is weird that life has moved on. Dad has been gone almost two weeks and I still find myself going down to his room to check on him. I think I keep doing it because I am not sure that the last two weeks are real. I woke up the other morning and asked Jake if this last two weeks really happened. I asked him "Is my dad really gone?" So I would describe my life now as a FUNK. But now that I have told you all my problems. I think that the awful air outside and no sunshine doesn't help out matters. I think I am ready for spring. Ready for softball and ready to get outside. But that means the yard work. Maybe with the economy being the way it is. We will be able to get our grass in for cheap....

5 comments:

Candi and kids said...

Softball does that mean that you are coming to try outs for the old lady's league this year. Our team is the only one having tryouts so you will surely want to be on it!!! We have your box done I am working on Jami's and I will call you so we can go to lunch maybe next week!!

Beck's said...

That would be great...

Jami said...

All i know is you didn't come up with that on your own, your so not creative and witty like your awesome little sister.... and since when did you guys decide you're getting grass!?! i had no idea you didn't like your mud/rock lawn!

Unknown said...

I watched a BYU devotional that said that it is normal to morn for months and months. (sometimes years) As long as you continue on with life. And dont stay in the Funk forever. And although I dont completly understand, I can a bit... Random thoughts cross my mind about loosing my Dad, for obvious reasons. I sometimes feel guilty for having a good day, like somehow that would betray the memory. Crap, is this a downer comment or what? I just really pray that you will be able to have your dad comfort with you. And I agree with the blasted weather and season. We all need a change!

Vanessa said...

I'm glad Candi's not asking me to try out, she has seem my skills.

I'm sorry you are in a funk, just know all your blogging peeps are here to listen to you :)