Sunday, August 3, 2008

BYOC!!!




BYOC!! Bring your own chairs. I have lived in Payson for a few years now. Since I was 2 and now that I am almost 29 (HAHAH) I finally ventured out to the Santaquin Rodeo. Brent that I coach with gave us tickets. SO we thought what the heck. We decked Porter and Dreyton out in their wranglurs and boots. We headed into the rodeo. Jake asked "Why is everyone carrying around camp chairs and blankets?" Well when we got inside we found out it was bring your own chairs. There were a few bleachers but they were roped off and saved with POLICE tap stating do not cross. SO we walked around looking for somewhere to sit on the grass. Luckily we ran into Haley and Ronni. They are from Santiquin and new how things worked. They brought a couple of extra blankets and hooked us up. IT was just a little small rodeo but it was one of the best I have been to in a while. Coach Brent was the announcer and he had a comment about us every event. But it wasn't to bad. We just laughed. Some of the contestants in the rodeo's horses bucked harder and faster then the bucking horses. Which made for a few good laughs. But we had fun. I think the funniest thing ( well not that I look back) is how many people there were perched out on the grass reading the new breaking dawn break. I have a picture here of a girl enjoying her book while her kids enjoyed the rodeo. Gimme a break. I am all about the book, but the book will still be at your house after the rodeo. But any ways good times were had by all. We enjoyed visiting with the vanausdals and seeing a bunch of old friends...

1 comment:

nana said...

YOU ARE A REGULAR RODEO QUEEN JODI
you should have retold the story about the calf roper or are you still laughing uncontrolably about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!