Sunday, March 1, 2009

Stop Collaborate and listen..

All right here is the run down in my eyes.. After narrowing a could be catastrophe with the t-shirts (because Candi couldn't find them in the crate). We all spent many hours primping for the night of all nights. I stopped by Candi's to pick up my t-shirt and dig through her sack of oldies but goodies. Coming home with some tight jelly bracelets and sunglasses (thanks Har). The fun bus arrived at exactly 6:00 on my driveway. After a smooth ride on the freeway we tried turning into the mall. Where a very nice young man in his DADDY'S Cadillac escalade puts his car in reverse so we can not turn in. So a few gestures and not so kind things were said. We won't mention any names. I hid behind JoAnne so I wasn't seen. The good news is, is the kids car is worth more than our lives. What a PUTZ!! A nice meal at P.F. Changs. Good choice I had never eaten there before. I need to go again soon.
OFF to the concert. After waiting in a line in the freezing cold up hill both ways. We reached the two men looking through bags. Don't worry that out of mine the guy pulls a pair of Porters swim googles. I told him I was going for a different approach on the sun glasses thing...
NEXT
A group shot. With a huge drunk guy that we pushed and yelled at and wouldn't get out of the picture. FINALLY: we reach our seats. Front row in the not general admission of 50 plus thousands dressed in spandex and neon. We sat for an hour and a half waiting for vanilla ice to perform for 30 minutes. The hype about the water and fireworks, was hyped way to much. But hey he played ICE ICE BABY with a set of drums and a DJ on the Steel Wheels. ( I was a little disappointed to not hear the ping of the old version). But then never fear after another 30 minutes.
IT"S HAMMER TIME..
Man he is getting old. He did fine, because he took a 5 minute break between songs to catch his breath. But he was all right. I felt like I got my moneys worth in the concert and people watching..
The best part of the night was sitting there and all of a sudden I hear Coach Beck, Coach Beck, Yep some of the softball players were there. I won't mention any names. Because I told them to tell no one I was there.
But the MOMENT You have all been waiting for our evenings costumes.

Marc put these together for us in a day. He did and amazing jobs. So go ahead and look at our chests and if you want to bust out in a song go ahead. You word to you mutha ICE ICE baby To GO

















5 comments:

Sarbear said...

Fun! I heard about this concert and was surprised that Vanilla Ice and MC Hammer were actually performing. I went to a Vanilla Ice concert in Vegas when I was in 5th grade with a friend and her dad. Yeah... Marie was so jealous.

Candi and kids said...

That was so fun, where are we going for your birthday???

Vanessa said...

Jodi: Don't mince words. Just tell everyone that I was the one that was yelling at that punk kid. Sorry to embarass you...I just had to dispel the rumor that you thought I was such a goody goody at SUU. It was all an act.

It was great to go with you, we definitely need to go to Salt-n-Pepa or R.Kelly when they come :)

Unknown said...

Oh, so much to comment on here. Where do I start? First the drunk guy, how cool it he? Really that is exciting to have a total drunk stranger in a photo. The chest shots are awesome. Really. I am totally impressed. So many bad puns come to mind. hummm, dont think I will share. hee hee But the shirts are really cute. Sounds like you guys had a blast. That is awesome. And I am so bummed you came to the play and didnt tell me! Crap. I want to actually meet you in person... Wear the shirt. hee hee
Glad you liked it.

Deena said...

Looks like a blast! Love the shirts!