Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Embarrassing Teacher moments

Embarrassing teaching moments are sure to happen. But we have been talking about them lately. I have been taking classes at BYU, and it has been a treat let me tell you. I am the one that brings PEPSI and not caffine free diet either. The real stuff to class. But that is not the point. A freind of mine in the class was doing a presentation a couple of weeks ago and while she was up at the board looked down and went bright red and busted up laughing. She had on a long sweater that covered mid thigh. But she felt a little draft and realized she was in her black slip. We all laughed with her and that was her moment of the year. But I had one today. I am reading a book called tuesday with Morrie. the guy in the book ends up with Lou Gerigs desease. Over time he begins to loose control of all of his muscles and eventual all he can do is lay there and listen. He eventually dies, but the story is great. A good quick read, but today in the middle of the chapter he is talking about things and how they are going and what it is like to be a person who is knowing he is going to die and how he needs to still be positive. It hit pretty close to home with my dad, and I started to cry. Not just tearing up but a cry. I excused myself from class, and I expected the kids to be sitting there laughing and thinking I was a nut. THey were really good though. The best comment was " Mrs. Beck I think we shouldn't read this book anymore if it is going to make you cry." They all really like the book but it was a little on the embarrasing side because teachers are supposed to have it together. We then moved onto another activity, and never fear I tripped over the overhead. Yeah I went down on all fours, and I looked up and the kids waited to see my reaction, when I finally stood up I said " I am only going to give it a 8.5, because I didn't hit the landing." The all died laughing..

4 comments:

Shannon P. said...

I am dying Jodi you are so darn cute. I can totally picture it all right now. Hey the kids love you and that is what is most important!

Vanessa said...

Dork.

One time I left the room and came back and my wonderful 9th grade Resource students sprayed the seat of my chair w/the water from my spray bottle and I sat in it. They all laughed. I gave them all 10 pages of homework until they told me who did it. Brats.

Colby Alexander said...

Jodi, you are the BEST!!

Deena said...

SO FUNNY! That's exactly why my mom put me in dance class!