Monday, March 23, 2009

The weather outside is frightful, but the Beck's are so delightful (not).

Keller is now 1. I made him a cake that looked like a snake and he wanted nothing to do with it. But never fear his big bro porter came to help (no milk frosting) and nothing changed he just wanted his hands clean. This time of the year we have one birthday after another. Between the 18-April 4th we have a birthday on almost everyday but 2. So Jakes was on the 21st and he was at scout camp and I had sick kids so I didn't get out. We ordered pizza for dinner. Jake sat the pizza down and went to get plates and napkins out of the kitchen and I went to get Keller and came back and found porter enjoying the BBQ chicken wings. I don't know what gave it away that he had dug into them.
But the birthday hit was yet to come. Don't scroll down and ruin the surprise. but Drey and Nana came up to give Jake his gifts. Nana said that Drey asked if they could go to walmart and get Jake's present. he picked it out himself. Drey handed his to Jake and went behind the couch. He was giggling and when Jake opened it. IT WAS A......
Barbie. Since Drey was old enough to understand Jake has told him for Christmas ,Birthdays everything that he was going to get him a Barbie. One year Jake wrapped dreys gift from us in a pink box, and Drey threw it down and pitched a huge fit, and wouldn't open it. Porter finally had to open it. But this year Drey go the best of Jake. The good thing according to Jake is that he now all ready has Dreys B-day present. But drey got the best of Jake.




4 comments:

Jim said...

Happy Birthday "missy" lol... toooo funny!

The Quarnbergs said...

I believe I remember hearing about someone's dad that used to do the same thing! Some things run in the family- Grandpa John would be proud! He is probably up there rolling right now!

Candi and kids said...

That is so funny. Drey got John's sense of humor!

Unknown said...

I feel your pain. Between the 12th and the 22nd. I have one hubby b-day, one child b-day, my anniversary and easter. Then in November between the 9th and the
29th I have the other 3 boys's birthday. Not to mention a slew of other people in the family. What the heck, I need to plan my s_x a little better. (did I type that out loud?) Hey looks like fun anyway...