Thursday, February 12, 2009

I need help..

So I think that my frustration level is at a max right now. I finally transferred my ITUNES and IPOd over to the new computer. But the problem now is nothing from my old itunes and ipod is showing up.. All the songs and movies and tv shows are there, but no play lists. I have two ipods and i have managed to make it so one has nothing on it. What do I need to do to transfer all my stuff from my ipod onto my new computer and Itunes. What ever you do don't go to the ipod website. Then your frustration will triple by them wanting you to pay to restore it or talk with someone, or join discussion group. Just tell me how to fix the problem. So for any of you computer and IPOD geniuses. What do I need to do to make all of my playlists off of my ipod and the old computer appear on the new computers IPOD. Now anything that I have bought on the new computer can't be put on my ipod. Can someone please help or maybe I may have some IPODS for sale..

5 comments:

Sarbear said...

I wish I new more about ipods, but I know that when Richard couldn't use his ipod on his mission anymore he sent it to my mom. She had to download a free program in order to get ALL the music off the ipod and burn cd's for him. Normally it will only let you put music downloaded from itunes on other computers.

You also have to authorize the new computer to play the songs from itunes and make the new computer the main computer to sync the ipod with. I've read instructions even on apple's website about using your ipod to copy your music files completely over to a new computer, but I don't think that keeps your playlists. I think the free programs can though.

Hope that helps.

Sarbear said...

I was just reading your post again and saw that you already got the music on, but not the playlists. I believe there should be files within the program folder for itunes that create playlists and if you copy those over it might work. I don't know about the ipod playlists, but that free program may help with that.

I'll post if I can think of anything else.

Sarbear said...

Sorry, another comment, but it may help. Assuming you have access to the old itunes program, have you tried File > Export Library? Save the file and then put it on the new computer. Then go to File > Import and choose the library file from the old.

Anyway, the library file actually lists all the songs in the library and the playlists. I think this would work as long as you have itunes control the file structure the songs on the computer. Email me if you want, if this doesn't make sense.

wileywoman said...

Isn't my sister the smartest gal ever! I have no idea what any of you are talking about but I feel honored to be related to people who know all that computer-y stuff.:)

Colette said...

I'd offer you some advice but I'm about as technology challenged as they come. Hope you got your problem taken care of. You're on about the hula hoop contest. I tried the ten minute super hula and it about kicked my butt. I seriously had sore calf muscles the next day. Maybe on Sunday? :)