Saturday, December 27, 2008

My favorite gift.




So I have spent the last few months like the rest of you preparing for a day that seems to be over in minutes. I had a great Christmas. After weeks of being teased by porter and drey that my gift had a pink purse and was a girl barbie. I can't believe they kept a secret. Jake always pulls off a good surprise for Christmas and this year he did it again. He called T a friend that I played ball with, that always laughs that I play with a glove that I had in high school. I really have only been graduated 5 years my reunion should be coming (JK). The last time I got a new glove the glove I have now was sitting on my bed and the old glove with the tape around the band holding it together was no where to be found. But the one that I have now is flatter then the taco I had a taco time last night. So Jake and T headed to good old MVP and hooked me up with a peach. Nana gave us food storage that if it wasn't for her I wouldn't have a can. But I have to admit my favorite gift was the cheapest and probably the hardest to make. It came home from school in a back pack and every time I would tease and pretend to open it. I got my hand slapped because the teacher said porter could slap it. But on Christmas morning it was a calendar with each month a hand print of Porters decorated like on object for the month. My favorite is October it is a black spider. I love it. I looked back in the scrapbook at his birth certificate. Was he ever that small. That hand print was half the size of the one on the calendar. WOW time flies and it is precious isn't it. Take some time to hug the ones you love this time of year, because you never know...
Happy New Year

6 comments:

Vanessa said...

Tell Candi she needs to get rid of her taco and get a mitt like yours!

Jami said...

Nothing wrong with having a taco for a mit! nothing wrong with it!!!!!!!

Candi and kids said...

This is sooo Funny to me because when I played this summer with Vanessa and my friends, the Men said that my mitt sucked and it is the one I played with in High School too. Somethings we just can't give up!!

Vanessa said...

I guess she didn't see my comment above.

Amy said...

Jodi! It's me (Amy Menlove Parker). I found your blog through Ronni's. My parents took me by your house while we were visiting in Utah. It looks FANTASTIC!

http://theparkerzarker.blogspot.com

DeAnn said...

Hey Jodi, I always enjoy reading your blog. What is a kick is that I use your blog to check on everyone else's (including my own kids, but don't tell them that!). Love you guys!