Thursday, April 29, 2010

SO YOU HAD A BAD DAY!

Where to begin. Ok at the beginning. Sfor the rest of her life. I don't like to cut hair, that is why I didn't go to beauty school. I don't even like to do my own hair everyday (so I don't). But I have cut Jakes hair for the last 10 years. Every time he asks. I complain and let him know how bad I hate it and how stupid it is that there are people who go to school to cut hair, and he won't pay them to do it. I have had my fair share of good and bad hair cuts with Jake. More good then bad, he rarely complains. So last night he asked for a hair cut. I have decided that since he feels strongly about me cutting his hair. So I agreed and decided I would do it with out complaining and do my best. So I started out like I always do. When it came to the sides i usually use the blending blades. But Jake bought a new shaver and it doesn't have blending sides. AAGGHH.. So no complaining by me I just tried to do it myself with the shaver and the comb. So after doing the entire side I stepped back to look at the master piece. I dropped the razor and the comb. I couldn't believe it. He had spots that I could see the scalp at, he had some right and left angles in there. It was horrible. So I threw a little fit and sat down to decide what I should do to fix it. So I decided I could fix it and used the little razor. BUT NO it wasn't charged so it had to be charged for 10 minutes and then used for 30 seconds. SO to drag out this horrible experience it did. I told Jake that I didn't need to worry about hating cutting his hair anymore that after he saw his hair he wouldn't let me touch it again. He kept encouraging me to fix, and keller and porter helped by brushing the hair off. But it was horrible. By the time we were done Jake was shaved at 1/4 inch and in some places shorter. So today Jake woke up and realized how bad it was and shaved it all short. Almost a bic short. But I am pretty sure I am fired. I wasn't going to say anything but Jake came home and asked why I hadn't blogged about the haircut. So I decided I better. I told him that we couldn't go to Fillmore this weekend to my cousins baby blessing, because I was so embarassed and all my family would see it.

8 comments:

Deena said...

Sorry Jodi, but THAT IS SO FUNNY! Very interesting way to get out of cutting his hair...you should have thought of it sooner.

Vanessa said...

HILARIOUS!!

Elton tricked me once and put a 1.5 on the clippers because he wanted a buzz. I was so mad.

The Quarnbergs said...

I got fired from doing Jake's hair a while back (praise the Lord). I hated doing it so bad!!!! He told me I made him look like a cancer patient, and that was it!

The Dyreng Family said...

Jodi you can still come we won't judge you- because we know about your lack of training.

broni said...

I love it.......

April Hutchins said...

Oh Jodi I can so relate. Anthony has me cut his hair. Ha ha ha!!! You can still come we wont care.

Colette said...

Hahaha! Just read your post and thought it was great! Jarret doesn't complain too much either. They must just realize that the hair will grow back sooner than later.

wileywoman said...

My hubbie is so easy going about the hair cuts I give him. I've always wondered how bad I would have to mess us to get fired. He's pretty cheap and I'm thinking it would have to be VERY bad, in multiple hair cuts. Even then, he would probably just try to do it himself. What's up with not wanting a professional? I wouldn't let him do mine....