Sunday, April 18, 2010

Catching UP


I have spent the last week at the Ball park.. We had a week full of high school games. Then on the only day we didn't have a high school game. We had a practice t-ball game. It has been crazy. We held our annual swing for life pink game and raised over $1000 for breast cancer. Which I thought was pretty good for a couple hours of work. After last year and the experience that I had with the swing for life, and I can tell that she knew it was something that I felt passionate about. She made the cutest little baby quilt and donated it. She is the best. She still is one of my biggest fans and supporters in my old age. We then hosted a tournament with 25 teams. It was crazy but fun. We had girls from Fillmore to Ogden in Payson and the town was cray with school buses. But this week I have thought about my dad a lot. At the swing for life game a man that knew my dad from the day he moved to Payson came up and asked how he was doing. I told him that he had passed on. It made me cry. The guy said that it was a great loss to the world to lose such a great man like that. I know that, but I sure miss him. But the best part of the week was we needed help. We had three different booths to run girls to play games, and scores to be kept. Many people stepped up and helped out. But we needed snack shack help and I new just who to call. I sent out a text and with in 15 minutes my mother was there and her and Deb had it whipped into shape and business was taken care of. Jake was even the best salesman that the we had at the tshirt and hoodie shop. I thought a lot about family this weekend and the support that the girls had this weekend from their family. There is nothing better then family. Even though when we all went through out teen age years and they were so not cool. They are the best aren't they. No matter what you do wrong or right they will be there to carry you. I love my family and could not ask for more. But once again like I said at dads funeral and all the time. Make sure you take time to stop and thank them for all that they do.. You just never know when you won't have them to thank anymore... :-)

1 comment:

Colette said...

I love the picture at the top. So cute! I miss John too. Just last night I started giggling and Jarret asked what was so funny. For some reason I started thinking about his story when John was telling him to back the car up into the tire shop "Stupid" and Jarret said, "I AM STUPID!" I think John put that thought into my head to make me laugh and think about him. Anyway, just wanted you to know that I love ya and think you are pretty great!