Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Oh what do you do in the summertime????

Well we play and play hard. Time sure does fly by in the summer doesn't it. Porter and Dreyton took a round of swimming lessons from Payson city that I don't want to talk about because I have nothing nice to say. So for our second round I took them up to Natalie that I play softball with. Oh MY GOSH. I would recommend her to anyone. She was amazing. Porter was his normal timid self. But we had a major break through. She was so positive with him that he thought he was Michael Phelps. he has a long way to go but he doesn't know that. She was wonderful. Today they were having a pass off day, and she didn't get in with them and he jumped off the diving board with a little spring in his jump. Then he swam across the pool. I was shocked he did so good. I could see him getting so nervous when it was his turn. But she said go and off he went. When we got home. He asked me if I thought Grandpa John would be so excited for him that he swam across the pool. I told him I was sure that Grandpa John was watching him and so proud. I cried. But Thanks Nat you. are amazing
We finished off a great year of t-ball. Porter really caught the baseball fever. He loves to go outside and play catch. He even sits down and watches it on TV. He is always asking questions about the rules. I am excited because I love baseball and softball. But this is a picture of our cute little team. They were so much fun, and I had some great parents that were also fun to go to the games and chat and laugh with.

last but not least we headed to shalom for the 4th. The 4th has always been my favorite holiday, but this year I went kicking and screaming. I think it is because it is grandpa deans birthday and he is no longer with us, and it was always a time when my dads personality really shined. Fireworks out of pop bottles, bbqs and him teasing all the nieces and nephews. So I think due to all the memories I was more emotional about going then anything. We had a blast it was a quick trip, but everyone of my neices and nephews were there, and the quarnberg girls. We had a blast riding 4 wheelers, canoes, and most of all we had fun catching rodents. We were up in the main cabin at shalom visiting and cooking breakfast when porter, drey and tai came running up the stairs. Grandma linda had given them some nets to catch butterflies. But they thought bigger and better. Porter had a squirrel in his net. He was so excited. I will have to get a copy of the picture to show from Linda. Jake, Jarret and Kendall spent hours fishing for squirrels. You have to have jarret show you his contraption, but we caught more rodents then fish. We had a blast and fun was had by all. I was so proud of my siblings and they great job that they are doing raising their kids. They are amazing. Oh and I finally ordered my MAC with a free IPOD touch. I am so High tech now that I have no idea what to do. Looks like Mac class for me this summer.

4 comments:

Candi and kids said...

I was wondering what happened to you I haven't heard from you in a while. HOW ARE YOU DOING?

Lacie said...

I used to lifeguard and teach lessons with Natalie in high school, she is a cutie!!

Colette said...

Man, I swear our lives mirror each other sometimes. The summer does fly by fast when you stay busy like that. We had a great time with you guys at Shalom and look forward to braving it again!

Unknown said...

Your post seems a little more positive. Are you? I need a little, can you share? Does this get easier? because I am having probley the hardest week, since the actual week of his death. I am not bitter, just so sad. Tears at the edge of my eyes almost all the time.
I was thinking about your first comment in December. That wasnt that long ago, but life felt a lot different hu? I think our Dad's are friends...