Saturday, April 25, 2009

What a Day!!

I have coached high school sports for 12 years now. No matter what happens in the year, no matter where we place or what we do. This day is by far my favorite and most memorable. We take part in the swing for life. It is a fundraiser for breast cancer. It was a task to get there today due to a no show on the bus, but we pulled it off and it was worth it. We had a blast. When the girls came out from behind the curtain the cheered and the crowd cheered, and teams we have beat and are our enemies on the field, cheered for us and were glad to be there with us today. But when the girls came from behind the curtain I teared up and had cold chills. It made me so proud. I talked with the coaches that were there with me and told them " I have coached a lot of girls in my 12 years, and I know that some of them will have breast cancer. I hope that none of them do but odds are they will. I hope that they will look back at this and they will say I did try and do something to help this cause. I hope that we can help find a cure for breast cancer so none of them have to go through it. So I hope they will all look back and say I did something to help. I don't think the girls realize the impact of what they did, but I did and I am a proud coach today. There was also an article in the news paper about the Payson girls. I am attaching the link if you have a minute and want to read it. http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,705295457,00.html or you can check out the softball blog on the side for a more detailed account of the day.
Porter and Drey had their pictures taken with everyone. Including big Budda. He is HUGE. Did I say he was a BIG dude. But we came home to a horrible rain storm and so porter went out and played in the puddle. It was a great day, nothing in the house was hurt or wet. So we are glad..




2 comments:

Blake and La-Shana Francom said...

Awww reading what you said made me tear up...what a great cause!! You are som motherly and I love how you care for each girl you've coached!! Love ya Jodi!

Anonymous said...

HEY I haven't heard where we are going for your birthday tomorrow. You better not have planned a party and not invited ME!!

HAPPY 35th!!!!