Monday, September 8, 2008

I tell ya what...


So we have now started our 2nd week of Kindergarten. Porter has begged to ride the bus and I have said NO. So I gave in and let him ride. We waited out front throwing pine cones and rocks at the passing cars. The bus came and we were so excited let me tell you what. First the bus lady gave us a little talk about how to cross the right way. Then I told her porter would ride the bus home. She said that she only takes them it is another driver that brings them home. So she won't be bringing him home. I said that is fine I put a note in his bag so that the teacher would know. Because she is great and she is always worried about if he is going by bus or if I am coming to get him. So I picked Drey up from school and came home and told drey that I would be on the porch waiting for porter. If the phone rings let me know. So I am outside on the porch waiting for porter doing my BYU home work. When candi drives by and honks and I am thinking wow this bus home sure takes a while. But then drey comes out. Jodi someone I don't know is on your phone. It is the school wondering if we are all right porter is here in the office, It is my friend bobbi and I said that is funny I am here on the porch waiting for him on the bus. So i load up drey and kell and drive like a bat out of he.. he was in the office fine. I was the one with the red tears in my eyes. On the way to the school Drey said. I hope porter is ok and not scared because the bus left him. So porter heard the bus driver say she wouldn't bring him home so he told the aide i was coming. I about died my heart dropped and I did cry. But he was fine and wants to ride again tomorrow.

2 comments:

Candi and kids said...

We might have to call DCFS if this happens again. If you need me to help carpool just call me!

mom said...

Actually MOM is me, but NOt your mom, but my own kids mom. I read your cute blog. Loved the song with it too! Such a cute kid and so big and responsible! LOVED IT! "Aunt DeAnn"