Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Cast in Stone


It was a bitter sweet weekend for me. My dads headstone is in and finished. It is beautiful. But it was weird to see my name and my families name on the stone. It turned out so pretty. Mom picked well. The thing about this weekend is lately I have been at moms and things will pop into my head and I will think I should take the paper down to dad. The other day at McDonalds I asked the boys what we should get grandpa john. I have walked down to check on him, but this stone was a real wake up. The bad dream is not really a bad dream, but the direction the Whicker family life has gone.
We did stay at the hotel in Fillmore and swam in the coldest swimming pool I have ever been in. My cousin bought one of the blow up slides from Costco and the boys played all day on Monday. We had a nice visit with some of my cousins on the Whicker side that we haven't seen for years. It was a great weekend and I couldn't have asked for more then to be surrounded by family who stepped up and gave our family and my mom so much support during this time. Thanks Whickers, Cummings and McBrides. We felt your love this weekend.




4 comments:

Johnsons said...

So sorry it was such a hard weekend. I still do the same thing with my grandparents, I'll think about calling them, or stopping by when I go to Utah. It is hard to get used to them not being here! I hope this is a better week for you! I will keep you in my prayers. The headstone and flowers look beautiful! Your mom did a great job.

The Quarnbergs said...

I was seriously bummed about not getting to come down to see you guys and have a fabulous lunch! But we did get tons of work done on the house, it is just about livable now! Paula told me about how good the headstone looked! She really loved the signatures! Great idea, it looks so good! We sure still miss Uncle John!!! And we miss you guys! Is Shalom still on for this year? YOu know, I look forward to it ALL YEAR LONG!!!!

Unknown said...

So sorry my dear friend. I watch you with fear as I just begin this journey that you have been on. Bless you heart for being such a trooper. gives me hope. and I need hope. The stone is beautiful.

Ranell and Brandon said...

I hope you are all doing alright. I love the headstone. It looks wonderful!