Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Every other day is a Birthday!!

I can't believe how many birthdays we have in March and April ! I am not a big fan of birthday parties. So, it gives me a lot of stress. Why can't they just be simple go out to eat with mom and dad and your brothers and sisters. That's what we did.. John would say where do you want to go to dinner for your birthday, and usually he would add in "would you like to go to KFC, or would you like to go to KFC?" He was famous for that one liner. But this year we have had many birthdays and I think the one that has been the hardest for me was Porters. He is 8!!! Where in the heck did 8 years go? I cried getting him a suit, I cried when Jami was taking his pictures, I cried mailing and sending out announcements. I have cried alot, but I am very proud of the choice he is making. I have also been a little bummed out that my dad isn't here to share in this day with him. But I am sure he will be watching from above with his sparkly blue eyes..First was Jakes birthday. We had a PINK get together for him with the boys. We had a pink cake and he got a barbie movie from Drey, in a pink bag for the birthday Girl.
I think Kellers face sums up is birthday party. All he wanted was a football cake, and when we started the candles with the fire. Well you can see how that went over..
I do love my boys and love the choices and the boys that they are. I couldn't have asked for two more opposite sweet spirits. Each with his own challenges and joys.

2 comments:

Deena said...

So cute! I love Keller's face in his pic! Poor kid! Can't wait for the Portison wedding!!!! They are going to make us some cute grandbabies!!!! :)

Unknown said...

Loving that picture... Love, Love Loving it! Not a fan of parties either.